Saturday, January 17, 2015

Another Christmas Mini Finish

I made this piece for someone who was expecting their first baby around Christmas time. I originally planned to make it into a hanging ornament however it looked too big so I decided on a cushion instead. I thought the fabric colours look wintery and the pattern resembled ice cracks.

Snowflake - Just Cross Stitch Ornament ED 2011 - SamSarah Design Studios

The back is made from the same fabric as the front and a put a zip in it so that the insert could be taken out and the cover cleaned if need be. I made the insert separate so that it would be the right size for the cover. Both the recipient and myself were happy with how this turned out.

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on the adorable finish. You did a great job.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful finish,I love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! As you know, I made this for a Christmas gift this year also. Such a neat pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a gorgeous pattern and finish. The fabric's wonderful and you really thought about how to finish it for cleaning. I'm glad you and the recipient are happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an adorable little stitch and I think the fabric is perfect! I really like that the insert was made separate, I will have to file this info away because I like my projects useful but worry about them getting dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a sweet finish!! Smoken' needles!
    The fabric does look like ice cracks. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute finish! I'm glad they love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching and finishing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very sweet finish.

    TFS.

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful finish and one the happy parents will cherish. Actually, Vickie, above, stitched it for me! We cherish it and can't wait to put it up with our new baby next Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute design! The fabric is very pretty too. I'm sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A so so cute design & wonderful gift for your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is a wonderful gift! You are really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is just too cute!!! Congrats on the finish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)