Saturday, January 22, 2011

Celtic Spring

I have decided to stitch Lavender and Lace Celtic Spring for my mother for Christmas. I have started it and am working on a lovely light pink Jobelan 28ct evenweave fabric. I am stitching 2 over 2 which I have never done before.

I did find the 2 over 2 hard on the evenweave at first until I laid down the first stitches, once that was done it became easier as I could just reference from the original stitches.

It is also the first time I have used Treasure Braid Petite. As this thread can not be divided into strands I was unsure whether I should double up on it or just use it as is. I tried both and decided that I preferred the look of using it as it is. Doubling up on it made it too bulky.

I do love the look of the gold braid. However I do find it difficult to work with as it can be very difficult to thread. I must try using thread heaven with it and see if that makes it easier to pull through the fabric.

This is one of a set of four Celtic Season cross stitches, so I may end up doing all four but not sure yet.

I will add pictures of my progress as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)