Tuesday, June 12, 2012

WOOHOO

Finally, after working on this on and off for the last 10 years she is done. I am so happy. Now she just needs to be washed, ironed and framed. I want to get this professionally framed so will need to see the cost and things.

Here she is:

Mirabilia - The Dreamer Completed

She is stitched on what I think is a 16ct light pink Aida fabric, I'm not too sure. Using all DMC thread and Mill Hill beads where necessary.

This was the first chart I attempted with beading but I think they look really beautiful. A total of 59,200 stitches.

Am so delighted to have her done. This is now one of my 2012 goals done. Yipee!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! I remember seeing your post of this yesterday and thinking how beautiful it was!!!

    I'll do a little happy dance with ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish! All ways a good feeling to have a big project done.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is gorgeous!! Congrats on the finish, beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! yay for you hun! One of your goals done and she is looking fantastic, and the beading really stands out

    Love Gems

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops, commented on the previous post before seeing this one. Congratulations on the stunning finish! Wow, 59,200 stitches! Definitely a cause for celebration indeed. Happy dancing with you here.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grats! She is really beautiful :) Well done! It's always nice to see someone finishing a Mira.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is gorgeous! Wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congatulations! She is stunning and just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the lovely comments. I'm really delighted it is done, now onto the next UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing her! She is beautiful and I know how hard it is to work on an UFO!! You persevered!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)