Thursday, January 23, 2014

Joan Elliott Mini - update

In my last post I mentioned that I was working on a Joan Elliott mini that I had started a while back, but I didn't have a picture for you. Well I managed a bit of work on it yesterday so I decided I would share.

As many of you know my plan for the year is to work on two large projects only, if I finish one I move onto another WIP/UFO, no new starts. There is one exception and that is a mini project. As well as my two large projects I can have one mini project in my rotation as well. I finished off my Margaret Sherry Hedgehog so I moved onto this as it was already started.

The Ultimate Joan Elliott Collection - Thank Heavens for Mum Cards
This is from The Ultimate Joan Elliott Collection and is one of the Mother's Day cards, which I have done two of already (If you want to see these finishes have a look in my finishes tab above). I am stitching this 2 over 2 on 28ct hand dyed evenweave from a Polstitches grab bag. This is my first time using a hand dyed evenweave and only my second using hand dyed fabric at all. She is stitching up nice and quickly and I hope to finish her soon as I have my next project all lined up and I'm very excited to start it :)

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like a new project waiting in the wings to motivate us to finish the one we're working on!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I had a look at the other pics on your finishes page and they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute design. Love the colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Joan Elliot's designs. The fabric really suits the colors you're stitching with. Mini's can really be helpful to keep motivated for the big one's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same when it comes to too many irons on the fire...it's just too stressful having too many projects running at the same time! Good luck to you and can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great start to a precious piece! Your stitches look shiny, almost like beads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you to focus on your wips/ufos :)
    Looking forward to see more of your progress on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty. Looking forward to watching your progress on this one. Be careful hand-dyes are addictive. They aren't for every pattern, but they sure can add just the right amount of "it" to a piece.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)