Monday, June 9, 2014

Dress-A-Long post 1

Well two posts in one day! That's not like me at all but don't get too use to it :D I promised the first of my Dress A Long posts today which is being hosted by Caitlin over at Naughts & Cross Stitches. In case you missed my introductory post here is what I will be working on :

I am making dress A which is the pink one in the top left hand corner as you look at the picture. I am using a midnight blue satin for this piece.

I only managed to start the prep work for this so I roughly cut out all the pattern pieces I needed and then did all the cutting to the correct size.

Pattern went from this:


To this:

The next step is to prep the fabric for cutting, then pin the pieces and cut them out. I hope to have that done by next post day which I think is next Monday. Anyway the large pieces at the bottom of this pile are the skirt pieces however the fabric for the front of the skirt is cut on the fold so it will be twice this size. This means this dress has nice full skirts which should be fun. However they also have pleats which I have never done before, not sure how fun that will be :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your progress on this. I would love to be able to sew properly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is exciting!!! Cannot wait to see this in progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleats aren't too bad, just have to remember to balance them out. Simplicity always used to have really good directions and drawings, but it's been years since I sewed anything other than a torn hem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing this come along. I haven't done pleats in a couple of years. If you have a difficulty there is always youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your sewing project :D we will be here waiting to see the final master piece :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I can't wait to see your progress on this. I really should use my sewing machine for more than sewing the edges of my cross stitch fabrics to prevent fraying! LOL!
    Good luck with it, it's a pretty dress.

    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)