Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Would love your opinion

Here are a couple of cards I have been working on this evening. I know it is a departure from the cross stitching but I wanted this to be an all round craft blog. I hope you like them.

Any thoughts you have on them would be greatly appreciated as I hope to try and set up an ETSY (an online marketplace for crafters to sell their wares) shop and sell some of my things so I would love to hear what you all think.

The first is a cute little puppy in a box (Joanna Sheen range of stamps). It is stamped using a sepia ink on white crad, matted on brown card, matted on a sepia and cream backing paper. I then put the whole lot on an C6 white card and added some paper flowers and sentiment in the same ink as the puppy.




The second card is made using a technique known as decoupage, this is achieved using smaller elements of the same picture mounted on top of each other using a silicon glue to raise them. This gives the image a 3D effect.

 I mounted the design on a cream card, then on red pearlescent paper to match the colour of the poppys. It took a while for me to get the combination of backing papers to my liking but I think I managed it with a vintage style paper with poppy flowers and then the same pearlescent paper. I added some paper flowers with buttons and some punched out flowers in the same papers as the matts. The whole lot is then on a 5" cream square card.



I hope you like them. Going to get back to some cross stitching now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)