Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Craft apps - Floss Checker

I am hoping to try out some craft apps and give a little review here so keep your eyes peeled.
I have an Android phone so I won't be looking at Apple apps but some of the ones available for Android may also be available for the iPhone.

The first one I will look at is one for the cross stitching crowd. It is call Floss Checker and it allows you to keep track of the colours you have in various brands of thread and the different types of thread for each brand. It then allows you to add any you need for a particular pattern to a shopping list.

I find when I get a new chart I spend ages going through all the boxes of thread I have to see what I need but now I just have to input them all in and do a search for what I need to see if I have it.

So far it seems to be a good app with a comprehensive list of threads. Hope this has been a useful post.

3 comments:

  1. I'm off to look for that app now! thanks for sharing! There's an android app I use often, it's called Cross Stitch Fabric Calculator. You enter in the # of stitches for width and heighth, the count fabric you plan to use and any border you need, and it calculates the amount of fabric for your project. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, About 4yrs ago I printed off a list of DMC threads and highlight that but it is so old now that I don't actually trust its correct any more and end up going through all my boxes anyway! lol! I will definitely check this out. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you have found this useful and I will be looking at other apps in the future so keep an eye out for future posts. I would also love to hear what others thought of this app if you downloaded it.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)