Monday, September 24, 2012

That took time!

Well anyone who has visited my finishes tab will probably have seen the classic car cross stitch I made my father a number of years ago. However I was young and just put it in a frame without washing, ironing or framing it properly. I has bothered me for a long time so recently I took it down and washed and ironed it properly.

I finally got around to mounting it on some board and putting it back in the frame. However I decided to put some mount board in front of the stitched piece also. Here is the result of much tedious work with a scalpel. I hope he will like it.

Classic Car Cross Stitch, Framed.

 Well that's all for today. Have a great day :)

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! Don't think I would have had the patience to cut such an intricate mount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that mount is fantastic!
    It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frame that the car is in and boy that looks like hard work cutting all that out - good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - the mount is amazing Job Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great,and i'm sure your Dad will love his car make-over.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)