Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What have I been up to?

Hey everyone. This is a mixed post so there will be some stuff not craft related. Also no pictures I'm afraid.

Well I have been doing a number of different things, though I have been finding it difficult to settle on any one things for any length of time. Firstly I have been doing a bit of stitching, not much though. I have worked a bit on Bridge of Wings and I nearly have a half page finish to show you, so will post that in the next few days.

I have been catching up a lot with family and friends, which has been great. I have also been gaming and reading quite a bit too. While I was finishing up my final college project I was dreaming about all the things I could do once I was finished, now that time is upon me I have difficulty deciding what I want to do.

I have been playing quite a bit of Skyrim. This is a really addictive game and I am still learning things about how I want to play, even though I am many hours into it. There is the option of playing any type of character you like. The player can do quests or skip quests and can play many different types of characters depending on how they level skills. I originally planned on being a magic user however I have really turned into a warrior type character who can do some magic.

The expansion, Hearthfire, for the game is quite addictive, as it now allows the player to build their own house. This I have really enjoyed for the most part though there are a few problems. On consoles, you can't remove furniture once you have put it in, you can't see where the items are going to go before you build them, you can't put stuff into the display cases unless you drop them and pick them up manually then drop them into the case, however when I did do this and came back to my house the sword I had put in a display case had vanished and I can't get it back now. However for all that you can do some really cool stuff. There is unlimited storage, you can build a number of different wings (though you can only build 3 of 9 options) which allows you to build things like a kitchen, a greenhouse (for growing ingredients), alchemy tower, armory etc.One of the biggest advantages is that you can have almost everything you could need in you house, a smelter, forge, grind stone, tanning rack, alchemy and enchanters tables and shrines (for curing ailments).

I have also being doing some reading, currently I am on book 2 of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. These are fantasy books and are really interesting and enjoyable. However I will say that this is a 13 book series, and I hope to read them all but each book is about 600-700 pages long so it may take a while :) These books do a great job of capturing my attention and building a complex fantasy world, weaving a story of magic, evil and heroes.  So far I am loving it and if you like fantasy books, it is well worth giving a go.

I hopefully will be back soon with the half page finish on Bridge. Have a great day all :)

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your page finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand. Had to put away angry birds.... was happily blowing up piggy's. Cut back playing so much when I realized how much time was taken away from stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)