Friday, August 31, 2012

A WooHoo and an Ooops

Ok, the woohoo first. I got my college assignment submitted yesterday and am very happy it is all finished with. Now I just have my thesis to write :o I have a week off work next week so going to spend some time doing some research, some time doing some stitching and having some fun with the new World of Warcraft patch that was released in the lead up to the new expansion.

The Ooops is to do with Bridge of Wings. I decided to change it onto a scroll frame so that I could use my floor frame. As some of you might know I have been using the parking method for this project and have been stitching in vertical rows. So I managed to get two half page rows done on page 6 over the last week or so but had noticed a very noticable line between the two columns. I said to myself 'don't worry about it, I'm sure it will come out when washed'. However while looking at the HAED forum, I noticed a topic talking about the same problem, but between pages. As I haven't had this problem with the rest of the project between pages, at least I don't think I have will have to take a very close look at it, I decided to have a read. Apparently tension issues, as well as some other things, can make these lines appear and I am wondering if it because I am using a scroll frame, which I have to say doesn't hold the tension as well as Q-Snaps, that my tension isn't even.

I am going to switch back to my Q-Snap frame and see if that makes a difference. However if that is the problem it means I can't use my floor frame for this project which is really frustrating as I was finding it very helpful. I will let you know what happens :)

Have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing your assignment - scholarly pursuits are to be celebrated :)

    I know what you mean about scroll frames and not having enough tension. I am using scroll frames for two different projects, one aida and one linen, and the linen one seems to always sag somewhere. I am thinking about basting a thicker fabric to the ends so the frames can get a better grip. If you find a good solution please don't be afraid to share :)



Would love to read any comments you would like to leave. Thanks for brightening my day :)